Embedded Software Test Engineer
Department: Software Engineering
Reports To: Software Engineering Manager
Status: Full - Time
GAL is looking for an experienced Embedded Software Test Engineer with C/C++ experience to work in the PCB operations team.
- Design, implement, document and update testing procedures for new and existing boards.
- Assist manufacturing with programming equipment and documentation.
- Be part of full life development cycle including new development and design, as well as enhancements to existing software.
- Technical design of system architecture and software components.
- Programming microprocessors mostly in C language.
- Develop drivers for CAN, UART, SPI, 485, I2C, and other serial protocols.
- Write Firmware in VHDL.
- Work in a team environment and have a direct impact on the end product.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering required with 4-6 years of related experience.
- Or Master’s Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 2-3 years of related experience.
- Ability to read and understand Electrical schematics.
- Ability to work with hardware and troubleshoot component level failures.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with C language
- Ability to read, modify and reuse Legacy Code independently.
- Familiarity with Microchip dsPic30F Microcontroller; Freescale MPC5668G Microprocessor; Codewarrior, MPLAB, and Quartus II.
- Proficiency in Document and Version control engineering practices.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision when required.
Please send resume to email@example.com