Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Prepare and post job ads, review resumes and arranging interviews with potential candidates. Initial screening to make sure candidates meet job and legal work requirements.
- Counsel supervisors on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommend changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employees. Work with Supervisors coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Work with Management to maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions. Maintaining and updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees; recommending benefit programs to management; work with management to obtain and evaluate benefit contract bids.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, IO Psychology, or Business Administration. SHRM certification a plus.
- 3-5 years of human resources generalist and recruiting experience. Experience in Union environment helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Exceptional work ethic, time management, and organizational skills.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org