The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading hourly union manufacturing shop employees. The Production Supervisor will ensure the highest level of production and delivery standards by planning and assigning work, enforcing policies and procedures, and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions.
- Balance safety, quality, productivity, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in the shop.
- Work with production manager, plant manager, and engineering and quality departments toward continuous improvement.
- Ensure effective employee relations by resolving employee issues and providing coaching, training, and corrective action. Escalates issues to the Production Manager and Human Resources as needed.
- Perform supervisory functions, including assessing department priorities; staffing and planning; assigning and directing work; managing performance and productivity; tracking absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Provide regular progress reports to management.
- Perform safety training and conduct accident investigations.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- All other daily duties or projects as needed.
- Associates degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a union manufacturing environment. Metal fabrication and assembly, and electronics assembly experience preferred. Supervisory experience includes interviewing, hiring, training, and managing performance.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing principles, Total Quality Management, Six Sigma, and ISO systems helpful.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision when required.