Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor
The Packing / Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for leading the Packing / Shipping Department in a manner that produces timely and efficient output to meet customer demands. On-time delivery of quality output and prompt action on expedited orders are very significant drivers for this position.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers concerned with picking product and preparing them to ship domestically and internationally via different carriers including local shipments
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow
- Issue written and oral instructions
- Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers
- Ensure coordination with cross-departmental concerns such as production, inventory management and quality assurance
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory duties including employee development, hiring, counseling, scheduling, performance monitoring, etc.
- Ensures that day-to-day shipping and receiving operations meet or exceeds customer expectations and GAL's objectives. Goals encompass achieving shipping performance level, inventory accuracy, reducing costs, obtaining efficiency improvements, reducing freight expenses and participating in planning to improve overall operation.
- Responsible for shipping and inventory control in a warehouse environment
- Monitor and maintain safety of all employees and provide guidance for a safe and productive work environment.
- All other daily duties or projects as needed.
- Associates degree required, equivalent experience will be considered
- 3-5 years' experience supervising union employees in a packing / shipping and warehouse department in a manufacturing plant
- Strong basic leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to follow written procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task and handle multiple priorities with very little notice
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision when required
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org