Technical Sales Support Specialist - **Vets Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical knowledge, advice, and support to sales representatives, customers, and channel partners. The support includes resolving requests regarding product/service technical issues and maximizing the benefits derived from GAL products and services. If you would thrive in a position that allows you to apply a strong technical background and project management skills while interfacing with customers, channel partners, and internal functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, IT, and Customer Service, you may be the right person to join the GAL team. VETERANS strongly encouraged to apply.
Technical Sales Support
- Communicate directly with customers concerning technical systems information, product knowledge, and product/systems applications.
- Manage the preparation of complete product/system quotation bid packages for made-to-order items, ensuring commercial and technical specification compliance, product pricing, scheduling needs, and vendor data requirements are addressed. Facilitate follow up to resolve major concerns and support business requirements.
- Enact changes to document/specification templates and price quotes based on changes.
- Interface with engineering department for completion certificates and customers concerning product performance issues and troubleshooting.
- Partner with functional groups to facilitate completion of unique business requirements. Manage requirements and tasks via Issue Tracking Database.
- Support efforts to increase sales of GAL products with Consultants, Contractors, and End-Users focusing on complex, technical, custom sales solutions, deriving creative, cost-effective product solutions for our customers utilizing the entire GAL family of company's product portfolio.
- Provide customers with both technical and application information through product demonstrations and seminars. Conduct training sessions for customers, channel partners and consultants by using tools such as web casts, and toolbox presentations. Facilitate follow up to resolve major concerns and support business requirements.
Inside Sales and Support
- Support key sales opportunities with reps and end-users. Communicate sales opportunities to sales personnel both inside & outside. Track and monitor opportunities via CRM tools.
- Promote and sell GAL products and services. Provide education on new product launches, promotional programs, services and product information being introduced by GAL with the express purpose of generating incremental sales revenue.
- Manage projects through complete order cycle; including oversight on contract conformance, solving order related issues, coordinating customer change orders, and order expediting.
- Liaise between designers, engineers and customers to address and document customer acceptance of or changes to design of vendor data packages, including engineering drawings. Organize final product manual.
- Develop Operational goals aligned with department and business needs, driving accountability.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Demonstrated experience displaying effective project management and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in deriving creative, cost-effective technical product solutions for customer base.
- Strong communication (including written and verbal technical and non-technical), interpersonal and management skills.
- Demonstrated selling and technical skills with end users.
- Demonstrated capabilities of exceeding sales and profitability goals.
- Familiarity with the Elevator market and its customers, influencers, and regulators.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate technical discipline required, preferably from an ABET accredited program; Four years of relevant work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years working in the Elevator or adjacent Industries.
- Strong technical understanding of the systems supporting Elevator Operation, Including but not limited to the following:
- Door Operator Systems
- Elevator Controls
- Signal Fixtures
- Elevator Machines
- Geared AC & DC
- PM AC
- Elevator Safety Equipment
- UIM Sensing
- Emergency Braking Systems
Please send resume to email@example.com